View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-14, 09:03

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

I'm also pretty much a vegetarian (some fish each week, occasionally other meat if it comes from a farm I know, eggs and dairy I eat carefully, minimize cheese because I can't eat just one), following Joel Fuhrman's End to Diabetes diet and it works for me, and I can make it work -- most importantly. I do eat carbs but almost exclusively from pulses: beans, lentils, peas. Everything else is veggies and protein, and being very careful with portion sizes of the protein and pulses. I'm ultra conservative on carbs AND calories. I do protein shakes as replacement meals once or even twice a day if I'm having blood sugar over 110 at fasting or four hours after eating. I'm careful with snacks -- avoid them if possible, and really think about resting my pancreas -- that thought has helped me to limit my portions effectively for the first time ever. TRTR's message from last year above sounded a lot like me. I've spent a lot of time googling around to find out how different people have handled being obese, and diabetic, and this seems the best way to try to really have a positive impact -- and it has worked for me. I like to find the helpful little tips hidden in blogs -- like the snacks, one blog mentioned slicing cucumbers, red onions and any other fresh veggie you like, and pour on a mixture of vinegar with your favorite sweetener (I use stevia), then I also add lemon pepper, put it in tupperware and shake it up, let it sit for an hour or more, then eat as a salad or pickle, with no salt and no everything else, very satisfying, gives you breath that could knock over a horse of course, and I used to have trouble with heartburn afterward, don't anymore. Well, hope I hear from someone....