#12   ^
Old Mon, May-06-19, 04:49

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE2BEME
So...I have less than a 1% chance of reaching a normal weight. That’s pretty dismal. 😞

Studies I've seen put the number at somewhere in the 80% failure rate for long term weight management adherence, past the 2 year mark. Meaning most people fail to maintain their weight loss past 2 years, after they've hit their goal weight, (and this is regardless of what plan is followed, the failure rate is pretty consistent across the board).

There are those who do successfully maintain long term though, if you haven't heard of the NWCR (National Weight Control Registry) before I'd suggest checking it out. It's an ongoing study that follows successful maintainers (I'm a participant and my data has been used in some of their work).

eta: I read your post wrong, I thought you were talking about maintaining your loss, not the weight loss phase. The weight loss phase is pretty easy though, all things considered. It's a few months-few years vs 20, 30, 40+ years of maintenance. I've found that maintenance is much harder to do than the weight loss phase. There's a few of us who are doing it though, so it is possible as long as you go into it realizing what you're up against.