View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-12, 08:07

Plan: HF/MP/LC
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:26.5
Progress: 43%

I look forward to following this experiment. I find Jimmy's experiment really inconclusive because, as usual when he does these n=1 things, he is changing more than one factor. Yes, he's limiting carbs and protein and upping fat but he is also really drastically reducing calories. Although he isn't posting his menus, he says that he eats 1-2 meals a day and at one point talked about going 29 hours without food. This is similar to experiments in the past (meat/eggs) when he did post menus which showed low calories plus a ton of exercise. I have no doubt that he will lose weight as long as he can keep this up. Even if he is eating the same number of calories, eating less often will reduce his insulin response and allow fatty acids into the bloodstream to be used for fuel.

What is less clear is whether one would lose weight eating their usual 3 meals (or whatever) and calories with just reducing protein and carbs and upping fat. I have my doubts that this would be as effective. I hope you prove me wrong!