View Single Post
  #91   ^
Old Sat, Apr-11-09, 14:33
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Merpig, I'm feeling a little "blind" still on what to eat, too. I added fat to everything I ate in every palatable way I could think of last night, and still only managed 69% fat for the day. But pushed my calories way up to 1900-something.
On the other hand, I ate a 12 ounce steak. It was the last one from a 3-pack i bought at Sams to eat off of this week, before i knew I was going to try this.
Today we ate out on a planned dinner ride with friends, and protein and veggies were the only things I could eat, there were so many starchy offerings at this family-style restaurant.
So tomorrow is when I'm starting officially.

Quote:
A Polish doctor, Jan Kwasniewski, who has used a low-carb diet to treat patients with a wide range of medical conditions for over thirty years, recommends a ratio of one part carb to two parts protein to between three and four parts fat, by weight. I see no reason to disagree with this.

I like Barry Groves too, and like this easier to understand simplified description of the eating plan. Combining that thought with Bernstein's recommendations for diabetics to eat 30g of carbs a day, I came up with
Carbs 30 g.....120 calories....8%
Protein 60g.....240 calories....16%
Fats 120g....1080 calories...76%
.......TOTAL...1440 calories............a ratio of 1:2:4 by weight, as recommended above.

Seems as good a place to start as any. Short of chugging Big Gulps of cream 3 times a day, I still don't know how to come up with fats that high while keeping the protein so low though.

It would really be helpful and greatly appreciated if for a while, everyone would post their daily menus to give us floundering folks a clue.
Sponsored Links