View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-14, 11:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Any low carbers out there doing hot yoga and hot pilates?

About 4 weeks ago, I started to feel depressed about my aging body.

Starting to feel creaky when I got out of bed first thing in the morning, and really noticing a decrease in my overall flexibility. I'm 48 by the way, and I exercise sporadically at best (walking and using the exercycle).

I decided to give yoga a try again. There's a hot yoga studio near my house which I had tried once two years ago, but was completely intimidated and went back only once or twice.

Well, I've been going there 2 or 3 times a week now for the past 3 weeks. I also discovered a hot pilates class and have been doing that class in between hot yoga.

I am shooting for hot yoga, Mon and Wed (and maybe Fri) and hot pilates on Tues and Thurs.

I am adjusting to the heat and cannot believe the amount of sweat coming out of me. All the sweat makes me feel so healthy, like I am really ridding myself of toxins. But boy does it make the classes super challenging. Sometimes I almost feel like I am suffocating on the hot yoga class due to the heat and my sweat.

My problems are: have put on 5 pounds since starting all this exercise, which is probably als due to the bad carb binge I had for the first week of the exercise which is not coming off all that quickly, I seem to be craving Gatorade during the hot yoga which has 34 carbs, my back started killing me this past weekend despite all the stretching, and I am not sure if this is a good workout regimen or if it's too much for me to handle.

I really thought with all this working out and low carbing, the weight would be flying off but I'm in week 2 of a really good Induction (except for some wine, peanuts, peanut butter and some Gatorade) and I am only down 2 pounds.

I'd like to add some consistent cardio to this but am running out of time during the day as the classes are either 90 minutes or 60 minutes and I need to be working as well as I work from home.

Anyway, thank you for any suggestions!
Sponsored Links