View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-21, 04:16

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

My original goal was 160, a bit of safety net under 169. 169 is where my BMI falls into the "healthy/normal" range. As a breast cancer survivor, there are multiple studies showing the risk of recurrence especially for hormonal cancers, goes up dramatically from there. But over the past decade I let my weight slip higher, until 2020, starting with a dream vacation no holds barred, then the quarantine and pandemic guidelines, I had regained 20 pounds. Starting August last year using Dr Ted Naiman's P:E diet and Marty Kendall's Data Driven Fasting, I have lost over 30 pounds, lower than that stretch goal of 160 I had never ever reached with a decade of Low Carb and the usual fasting protocols. Now lower than my "wedding weight" I wonder if my high school aka "ideal" weight is possible. I do add intense pool cardio six days a week in summer….so will see.
See semi-LC sub-forum for more info but basically I followed the tips here: https://www.lowenergydiet.com/ Dr Westman's plan was always a lower fat keto with limits on added fats, but the missing step was keeping healthy Whole Foods but lowering fats in foods when possible to do so without lowering nutrients, in fact adding nutrient dense carbs like all vegetables and zero fat Greek yogurt.

I really thought at 70 years old my "ideal" weight of 145, would be crazy to try to reach, maybe not even healthy. But now that I’m here…to quote WearBear…"It turned out my not being able to imagine my new life was only a deficiency in my imagination."