#147   ^
Old Thu, May-30-19, 03:52

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
s93uv3h, wow it does sound like a page turner. I’ll look it up. In regards to getting less sleep, my doctor asked me if how I was sleeping. I had told her not too well. Restless and I generally sleep between 6-7 hrs/night. She suggested a low dose thyroid med. My thyroid number was just below ‘normal’ range. I took it for about 2 months. It didn’t make an difference. I called and said I’d be stopping it. She said Ok! Why do these doctor prescribe meds and then so nonchalantly say ‘ok you can stop’ instead of saying something like ‘well let’s do a blood test to see what you thyroid numbers are’ I’m going to checkout this book you’re reading as I don’t think I sleep that well but it might just be my cycle. I do better taking magnesium at night.
The seven part of the 6-7 is great! There are many things you can do to improve / facilitate better sleep.

- get rid of electronics from in and around the place you sleep.
- complete darkness.
- silence is golden
- eye mask
- during the morning / day, avoid sunglasses and soak in that 10,000 lux sunlight as it burns away the melatonin / wakes you up.
- get as much sunlight every day as you can - even in front of a window is better than sitting in a closet
- this one is easier said than done - your place of sleep needs to be cool
- set aside 8-9 hours of time in bed every night - from reading lights out, even lying there trying to sleep, or being aware of being awake has benefits.