Old Tue, May-27-03, 14:44
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default another jerusalemite...

Hi guys,

I'm also in Jerusalem (from England originally), and been LCing for over a year now. Did CAD for about 8 months and lost a lot of weight, then plateaud and coasted on it for another few months, then decided it was too easy to binge on it and I needed to keep losing so for the last 3 or 4 weeks I've started a more restricted diet - keeping carbs to under 60g a day, and sometimes less, and other than some challah on shabbat occasionally, all those carbs are from vegetables etc, not from 'real' carbs. And it's started working again... have lost 9lbs in the last few weeks, so I'm really happy.

Do any of you know addresses for health stores in Yerushalayim that stock stuff we could use? I've never seen any protein bars etc and I did take a look at shipping stuff in, but it was horrendously expensive. Also I was wondering whether it's kosher.

I tend to stick to pure foods - chicken, meat, eggs, cheese, fish and veg. At least the variety and cost of kosher meat and chicken is better here! I do get some of the lower carb cold meats as 'easy food' and there's a purple cabbage salad by shamir that's only 0.5g of carbs per 100g - put that with cold meats and you've got an instant and yummy meal.

Anyway, nice to see other Israelis on the board.

Layla tov le-kulam!

Deborah