View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 13:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 237/218/155 Female 69
BF:36.5%
Progress: 23%
Default I feel REALLY down...

I know this has to be a very common complaint, but I feel like crying.... and I need to hear some good advice.

Hubby & I started Protein Power (as a way of life) on December 26, 2007 so we have only been on it for about three weeks. In spite of reading negative on the keto sticks, he has already lost an amazing 17 pounds. By contrast, my keto sticks are consistently on the high end, and I am either UP two pounds or down nothing, depending on which readings you believe. I don't even seem to have dropped any water weight! Shouldn't I have lost SOMETHING by now?

I am not cheating & I read labels on everything. We have eaten out a couple of times but I don't eat ANYTHING before I look up its carb content. Although PP allows up to 30 carbs in the beginning, I have been eating 25 or below each day.

My hormone & thyroid profiles are normal. I take Acetyl L-Carnitine, CoQ10, Chromium Piconolate & a good multi. I walk 4-5 times a week. I drink plenty of water.

All things considered, I know that I FEEL better without all that starch & sugar, but this is a LOT of work for no payoff in terms of weight. I have a pair of skinny jeans that I had planned to use to gage my progress and while the "spillover" MAY not be quite as bad as when I started, I can't be sure.

I'm so confused. Should I start watching calories now? Cut back on carbs still more? Just wait it out?

I'm SO tired of being this fat!

Sponsored Links