#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-13-04, 15:46
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Cinnamon Sprinkled Sugar Cookies

I found this recipe in the November issue of Low Carb Energy. I did change it a bit, as it was a recipe for plain sugar cookies.

These are WONDERFUL! I was pleasantly surprised, as I did not expect them to taste SO good.

1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
2 1/4 cups Carb Solutions vanilla shake mix (no substitutions)
1/2 cup of Splenda, divided <---- 1/4 cup for the cookies, 1/4 cup for the *sugar* on top. This is WAY more than needed to dust the tops, I used half that amount.)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1.5 tsp cinnamon <-------- my addition mixed in with the Splenda for the tops

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet and set aside. Place 1/8 cup Splenda and cinnamon in shallow bowl and set aside. Cream shake mix, 1/4 cup Splenda, and vanilla extract. Add egg and blend until well mixed. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass, sprayed with nonstick spray and dipped in the Splenda/cinnamon mixture. Dip glass in Splenda mixture between each cookie, shaking off excess. Bake 8-10 minutes. Store covered in refrigerator.

Yield: 40 cookies
.7 carbs each
0 fiber
97 calories

I plan to try these as a plain sugar cookie with a thumbprint filled with SF jelly for Christmas.
Sponsored Links