#33   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-16, 06:41

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket56
Hi This has many benefits and addresses the depleted hormones that occur when on LC for a while. That is the usual cause for slowing and stalls of losses.. the carb load is for a specific time and amount of time. It will cause insuline spikes and that in turn releases fat burning hormones/leptin.etc;.. that lasts for 4 days. You return to normal eating on plan in the morning and each week this boost encourges the losses.
This is essentially what I did for decades to maintian a 190# loss. I ate on plan and then had a major meal off. It is not enough to break out of ketosis.

CRICKET - I read about the bottoming out on hormones in the book and this all makes complete sense. I am certain this is what has happened to me after remaining ULC for so long. I am optimistic that this plan is exactly what I need to get the engine going again! And the timing seems absolutely crucial! I have read about how carb re-feeds can help break a stall many times over these past few months, but I have never seen any intricate details of why this works from a scientific standpoint. After reading the book, I now understand that there is specific timing involved in order for this to work. It is very exciting to me! And I am eager to get it started as soon as I can.