#3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-20, 12:51

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Eating disorders

Any eating pattern that promotes a cycle of food restriction followed by extra food consumption can trigger disordered eating behavior in susceptible people. So if you have a history of eating disorders, you should probably avoid OMAD.

This is what always jumps out at me when I read and consider people's previous eating patterns, how and what they've been eating and not eating.

I think first is to consider nutrients and how to supply that to feed the body's needs and sustain that on a regular basis and establish a healthy pattern of eating. Then and only then will they heal and break the old patterns of feast and famine which is what drives the high carb bulking that is going on with crackers, bread, oatmeal, rice, noodles chips, cookies etc (all fast and usually ready to eat in boxes and bags) and replacing them with meat and veggies is the most important.

Then somewhere down the line after establishing a healthy body (I don't mean just skinny but healthy) and being in full control of eating enough of the required nutrients, then maybe cut meals back to OMAD.