View Single Post
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 06:54
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Oh...c'mon now! Is Cheryl the only one brave enough to look in that mirror? Well, the two of us will sit here and feel good about our newly discovered attractive body parts and let you all be chickens!!! Too bad for you that you are missing out on positive self-discovery. Hmph!

But, don't let me tick you off, 'cause I still need you to read and post!!!!

It is Sunday morning....and I am swollen. Especially on my lower left side. I have not had on any type of binder since Friday when I went to get my touch ups on my permanent make-up. Perhaps that is the reason....or it could be:
--perimenopausal hormones....this is a strange cycle I'm having. 35 days after my last period, I spotted. Two days after that, another spotting. Yesterday a little heavier spotting but nothing like the horrendously heavy periods which have caused my anemia. I am sweaty and puffy all over so maybe the swelling could be part of that.
--My tattooing was not a BIG process, but it has caused inflammation. My body would be responding to the procedure.
--My wonderful man and I camped out on the living room floor Friday night...and all that that implies.

Whatever the reason, I am altering my planned activities for today. I had planned to dress pretty and go to church...where I am scheduled to read. After that my wonderful man has purchased tickets to a play in Montgomery (90 miles from here) for a matinee. I REALLY want to see this play. It is called a Menopause Musical and is supposed to be hilarious.
I don't want to push my healing luck. So, I am calling a friend to do my reading for today. I will dress comfortably (still cute, of course), take my pillow and go to just the play.

I think this is the tricky stage of recovery. I feel like I've put in my time and want to get back to my life. I am chomping at the bit to exercise and see what other changes I can make for my body. The thinness and evident muscles are opening me up to new goals.....my motivation is building like an oncoming orgasm!!!! Yet....My body is slowing everything down with swelling and stiffness. Grrr. Does my metaphor let you know the level of my frustration ???!!!!

I need my support friends now. This is a tough point that I did not anticipate. Ugh! I hate being "sensible!"
Frustrated,
Sara<><