View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-16, 09:19
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

Great Points, Mikki Sue. Focus does have a lot to do with it. But I am very suspicious of people who have THE answer, because I usually find that the people who are shouting the loudest and most vociferously have some deep dark side that they are hiding. This has come out in many circumstances in my 55 years.

The site that Janet posted (Amber's site) and one that Kelly and James Hogan have put together seem a lot less militant.
http://myzerocarblife.jamesdhogan.com/wp/start/

Honestly I could see myself going this way except I don't want to become a jerk. LOL. Seriously, I would need to do a little more research on gluconeogenesis, but it would seem to me that a lot of what zero carb proposes would be similar to combining LCHF and Fasting. But....I've only seen hatred form ZCers about Fasting. They see it as lowering the metabolic rate, which I'm not 100% sure about yet.

From what I can gather, their most compelling point about meat and water only is that it really doesn't give the body any "fuel" to create cravings. It sounds like many of the "old-timers" tried LCHF but found that even the acceptable vegetables gave them cravings.