View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-19, 21:20

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I am sorry that you need to go through this. Indeed, you need to vent, and this is a very safe place to do it, and there are lots of people here to back you up. Not, of course, that your mother will know or care LOL. My mother and I had our issues, but she died 20 years ago. I loved her, and miss her, but have no regrets about the "issues' that are no longer around. What is it about mothers and daughters (in my case, only daughters; lots of brothers, but only me on the female side)? You could get some information off the web to show her, but it sounds like that might not be a viable solution. Perhaps a bit of selective deafness? Or "my doctor told me this is what I need to do"? No need to mention that "your doctor" is Dr Atkins, or Dr Fung, or any one of the other doctors who back this way of eating. Depending on your relationship with your mother you could try setting some new boundaries: "Mom, I love you, but I don't want to discuss this with you". Or, just bite your tongue, battle through, and collapse on your loving, supportive husband when next you see him. Best of luck.