View Single Post
  #127   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-19, 08:56
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Thanks for the podcast link, Janet. I listened to it on my walk last night. I have to admit that there were parts of it that I didn't really want to hear -- like the part where they discussed a subset of the population where a statin might be of real benefit. I met the criteria for that group. It seems that Ivor is walking back a little on his previous belief that stopping the progression of plaques -- dealing with the root causes - is all that need be done. People, like me, with a higher CAC score may want to consider statins to be of benefit is not news that I wanted to hear. But as they point out in the podcast, of those with higher CAC scores, do statins provide benefit only to those who continue to progress down the CVD road -- or is the benefit universal? That is the $64 question. And as they said, it is not the financial interests of big Pharma to conduct a study to answer that question. They'll sell more drugs with the blanket coverage of the entire group. I'd like to put the statin issue to rest, but it never seems to go away.