Thread: low-carb books
View Single Post
  #295   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-22, 03:06

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Dr William Davis has a new book, titled Super-Gut. The diet portion is a general guideline, as this plan is more focused on reprogramming your microbiome, restoring health, and losing weight. There are recent posts about it in the IBS thread, starting at post #21. https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...274#post9429274

He still supports carbohydrate restriction for weight loss, as superior to low fat diets, but warns not to go so low carb (carnivore, 20g total, etc) that your diet foregoes the nutrients and fiber in vegetables to support gut diversity. He specifically mentions a bacterial species that "eats mucous", the protective gut lining, if the food it needs is not provided, leading to "leaky gut". It is a Detailed book about what we know and don’t about the microbes within us, how to support them, with fermented foods you can make yourself.

Since I changed to Dr Naiman's P:E Diet and Marty Kendall's Optimising Nutrition almost two years ago now, I already had seen improvements, but this book explained in detail why it works, why I feel better, and how adding specific strains may improve my digestion, BG, and weight loss even more.