View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 22:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/150/115
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi Allison,
Okay I guess I just don't get it. I am mentally scratching my head. I have here a atkins Endulge bar. Supposed to be 2 carbs but after doing the calculations it was over 6 carbs. But aren't those extra 4 carbs supposed to be undigestable? I know I used to measure my ketosis daily with the keto sticks and never noticed a difference when I had a bar.

Maybe some people metobolize things differently. My husband for instance can have over 80 carbs a day and still stay in ketosis but if he drinks a glass of wine he drops completly out of ketosis for at least two days. I, on the other hand, can't have that many carbs but can have up to three glasses of wine and stay deeply in ketosis as long as the rest of my carbs are around 20 - 30. His body just doesn't handle alcohol at all.

Karen I hope I can find that bread here. I tried some muffins which were decent but they were too sweet. When I was testing to see how many carbs I can have and still stay in ketosis I had one slice of whole wheat bread a day. It was wonderful. I hadn't realised how much having a slice of toast in the morning had been a part of my daily life till I did that. Once I am into maintanence I think that may be something I reintroduce to my diet. Just one though, 18 carbs for one item is really limiting. Now if I can find some other low carb bread..... I would be in heaven

take care,