View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 19:21

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey Elisabeth! Look out for those "low-carb" chocolate bars. They're loaded with carbs -- use the hidden carb tool under "tools" at the top of the page on the orange bar. Those blasted Carbolite chocoate bars have gotten me in trouble over and over again.

Just last night, in fact, I used a ketosick and it was pink. I then immediately ate three tiny squares of Carbolite chocolate and had nothing else, not even water. Twenty minutes later I tried a ketostick again out of curiosity -- NO PINK AT ALL. This is not the best way to test your reaction to a food, but it does give some indication of what's going on.

(For a real testing method, see Karen's thread on doing your own low-carb research. It involves stabbing your fingers for blood samples; I'm a coward.)

I currently get my chocolate fix by mixing whey protein isolate (zero carbs, zero flavor), super premium cocoa powder (some carbs, some fiber), a bit of sucralose, and water. I add a significant amount of cocoa powder to that mix. I call it chocolate milk and it makes me very happy.

Before you eat another bite of that chocolate, check for hidden carbs so you know what you're getting into.

Allison