#18   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-19, 11:51

Plan: Keto
Stats: 650/470/240 Male 6'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
...a little too salty for me...tasted too much like the brown part of an omelet that I don't like...

Eggs have a little bit of sodium in them, but the cheese you use could make a big difference in sodium content.

Did you layer cheese+egg+cheese or make a batter?

I typically use a sharp cheddar for breads and buns and an Italian blend cheese for everything else. The Italian blend is more of a neutral flavor. I prefer it over straight mozzarella.

When I use shredded cheese in any kind of batter, even for a bread dough or a "muffin-in a minute", I always use my Magic Bullet to convert the cheese into a powder. It gives me a better consistency and makes things easier to mix together. From that perspective, the cheese is primarily a protein powder with some fat content. To change the taste, you could replace that with your preferred proteins and fats.

For example, last time I made some chaffles for a sweet application, I cut the cheese in half and replaced the other half with Isopure Zero Carb Protein powder. Mostly to reduce the calories. It worked out great.

I would claim you could almost use any "Muffin-in-a-minute" recipe batter in the Dash mini-waffle maker...? I even have a few cheese biscuit recipes I'm considering trying as waffles.