View Single Post
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-20, 16:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

There is nothing to fear. By the time you get to maintenance, all the good food choices, habits and routines you learned along the way are ingrained. I think the hardest part of maintenance, at least for me, is finding others to compare notes with. The maintainers don't post much. It's a lot less exciting to say "I'm eating the same old thing and weigh the same old amount" - kind of anticlimactic. But it gives me happy butterflies and great self-confidence and a sense of achievement to realize that since this same time last year, I have not only maintained but peeled off another 5-6 lb just doing the same-o same-o. After years of searching for the answer, I'm living it.

About the medication: It works so fantastically for me with no side effects and I don't want to change it. The carb cravings are the worst thing that should ever happen! I deal with them successfully by including some naturally sweet or starchy foods that satisfy me and cause no ill effect. There are some foods I know I can never touch because I overeat them or they make me sick or painful in the long run, and just thinking about how awful they make me feel is motivation enough to X them off my list.