View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-21, 09:03
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

So I got back on my low-carb, semi-paleo way-of-life and started monitoring my blood glucose. I was averaging about 120 and I have already dropped that to 110 or less. I had a few days where it shot up to 145 and stayed up all day. Not sure what the heck that was about so I contacted the doctor and asked for metformin. She obliged, so I'm very slowly adding that. Carefully so I don't trigger that one very well-known stinky side-effect. Although I've had a feeling of bloatiness after eating, the other dreaded side-effect hasn't happened.

The last couple of morning I had readings below 100. Also, in mice metformin does some really good stuff to longevity and dementia prevention and so on. I'm not a mouse, but one can hope it translates to humans.

I'm hoping with good eating and metformin I can get the BG below 100 consistently and get back my glorious A1c's of not that long ago.

Meanwhile, I eat lots of chicken, some cheese, lots of veggies, and my favorite dessert right now are frozen raspberries (maybe partly thawed) with powdered Swerve.

I also found a pizza where the crust is made from chicken and cheese. Quite delicious!

(I was going to post this on Facebook, but thought better about that.)

Fasting for me is truly difficult and lead to binge eating. I'll take a look though. Maybe metformin will make it more possible.

I had also decided that high-fat low carb wasn't helping me so I really do try to cut the fat calories already. I'm not using full-fat yogurt any more when I have yogurt. I eat a ton of veggies most days.

I will watch the video. A lot of low carbing proponents started to turn me off because they all claim to have a solution and none of them ever did for me. Just like the vegan people, they insist you're doing something wrong if it doesn't work. Lol!