View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jan-04-10, 19:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/174/150 Female 72" (6 ft)
BF:
Progress: 41%

6. - You'll likely eat way more food than you think is reasonable in the first several days of a lower carb eating plan. You'll feel really hungry and have lots of cravings. The way around this is to let yourself eat as much 'on plan' food as you need to get past this phase. Within a few days, the carbs will be out of your system, you'll have gotten past the withdrawal and the cravings - and your appetite will diminish quite a bit. In the meantime, eat as much as you need to stick to plan. It's not unheard of to have *two* bunless burgers, or need/want second helpings of roasted chicken or what have you. This is all ok - your appetite will normalize in just a few days. Whatever you do, do NOT cave into the cravings that are sure to be experienced in the first several days, and if it takes eating what seems like too much food (all low carb of course), then do it.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

OMG! Citruskiss! The above quote is exactly how I have been feeling! Thank You. On day 4 of induction, and the amount of fat and what I have been trained to think of as "bad" foods that I have been consuming has been wigging me out- I feel stuck and blocked and like this is all wrong! I have been having huge guilt. I needed to hear this Thank You, Thank you!

MomJeans