#37   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 08:14

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena123
I just thought I'd let everyone know I stopped taking the coconut oil daily. It's hard trying to work 2 tablespoons into my meal preparations daily and I'm definitely not down with eating it by the spoonful. That just kind of skeeves me out eating a spoonful of grease. I decided that I'd just use it if I'm sauteing foods since it's going to be healthier than using most other oils. Hopefully I'll still get the benefits.

I've found that the different brands of coconut oil are different, too. I really like Nutiva, it tastes more coconutty than Tropical Tradiditions VCO. Make sure it's virgin, it's not yucky to me at all, just eating it off the spoon. Only a teaspoon at a time, though. I also make smoothies with it: frozen fruit plus a tablespoon of VCO in the blender, it has a frosty consistency. You can't even tell it's there. I also put it in coffee and tea, it tastes yummy but the oil on the top might gross some people out. I cook with it, suatee in it, use it for greasing pans and baking. It's too expensive to deep fry, so I don't doo that. Once I tried coconut shrimp, which was good but used up too much oil.

Anyway, it does help with the weight loss, but I'm still hungry all the time. I eat for two and am still losing weight. If I take too much at a time (more than 1 tbs) it makes me too hyper.
Don't eat too much before you go to bed.