View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-19, 06:17

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I can speak to this. I also suffer from aches and pains from carbs. I am at a point now where I could have a carb and not suffer any ill effects the next day. I know because I've done it. HOWEVER, I completely lack willpower and if I have carbs one day, the likelihood of me having them the next day if they're right in front of me is very high. It sounds like we go on similar style vacations so I get your situation. The leftover brownie tray will be sitting on the counter when you wake up. And there'll be a new dessert there at dinner that night.

Last year's vacation, I waited until the third day to have carbs, and I felt so crappy that I stopped by the end of the week. But it was a long, achy drive home for me.

This year, I plan on not partaking of the dessert. I'm going to bring some fake food desserts. Maybe I'll even get some Breyers Carb Smart while I'm down there. But I'm not going off plan with real sugar or pretzels. I lack the will power to say no the next day and I don't want to feel crummy.

Maybe you could make some homemade low carb ice cream? It won't taste as good as the real stuff, but if you're worried about the aches and pains, it may be good enough.