#10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-14, 14:13

Plan: the FightDoctors plan
Stats: 215/171/165 Male 177 cm
BF:
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Hamster-wheeling raises cortisol in many (most) people and other counterproductive hormones.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-...chronic-cardio/

Like I mentioned to the OP, Phinney/Volek discusses studies done that show the metabolism can slow as much as 15% in people doing a lot of cardio. Combine that with an increase in appetite and it becomes hamster-wheeling in the truest sense of the word: going around in circles and getting nowhere. Gary Taubes discussed "Fat guy running syndrome" too. I think that's where I first heard about it. Exercise really isn't all that helpful for weight loss.

Still, most people have it ingrained into their consciousness that more is better.

Thank you

I didn't doubt what you were saying, its just I've never come across the reasons. I really need to read some more on the subject.

I have always felt that increasing lean body mass is the way to increase metabolic need, and that cardio is best done by skipping the sandwich rather than running the 5 km :-).

OP, Your plan sounds good, as someone who lifts way to often I totally understand the addictive part.