View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-14, 09:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi All!

Thanks immensely for all of your input. After spending much time reading at MDA I'm trying for a workout plan much closer to his Primal Blueprint Fitness, instead of the intense cardio. So I'm lifting 4 days per week (this is a bit addicting for me - I love lifting!), doing light cardio stuff every day - extended walking the dog, riding bikes with my kids, taking the kids to the park or the pool, then doing "sprints" (as Mark calls them) on my spinning bike once per week. This seems very "maintainable" long-term. I'm losing inches but not losing much for weight, which is fine with me.

I checked out both the posts seejay recommended, which were great reads, so thank you! The chronic cardio post will also be helpful to my husband who has been experiencing some heart arrhythmia.

As for the loose skin - most of it is on my belly, and is mostly just the result of really bad stretch marks from both my pregnancies. Now that there's a lot less fat in there it's pretty "floppy". I'm sure I won't get it tightened up without surgery at this point, but am not really interested in going that route. So it will just have to be my arms are already down a couple of inches and seem much more toned up to me. Fortunately I don't really have any cellulite - my legs are quite lean (somehow?). I was definitely someone who carried most of my weight on my "trunk" and my belly. Can you say pre-diabetic... I guess I'll take what I get in the loose skin department. Better than 30 or 40 extra lbs on my belly...

Thanks to Nancy for the Phinney/Volek info, I'll be spending some more time delving into this. Very interesting

As per all of your suggestions I will be sticking to 30g or less for carbs and keeping my fat intake up, as I continue working out this way. No shakes, bars, or anything but real food. I feel great so that's all I need right now