View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-14, 06:39

Plan: the FightDoctors plan
Stats: 215/171/165 Male 177 cm
BF:
Progress: 88%

I lift and do a fair bit of cardio as well. Generally speaking I lift on 5 days a week, and do cardio on 4 days a week.

On that kind of set up I eat less than 30 gm carbs a day, when your body is in ketosis you just up your ketones during exercise. Me oand OH tested our BM's her sugar level went from 5.4 to 8.6 mine was 5.0 before and after cardio, ketone levels were 0.0 for OH before and after, mine was 0.7 the. 2.6 after.

However I am not suggesting you do that :-)

I do not know why exercise is supposed to slow down metabolism, I have never bothered to find out how or why it does this, it does however make you hungry and this is more true of cardio than lifting. If you start upping the cardio you do not need extra but you may find yourself wanting it.

I will also say that it is very hard to build enough muscle to fill the looser skin. If anything it will make the muscles smaller and tighter, which might have a worse effect.

Personally I think that lifting helps weight loss as it can help mood, and gives us a good maker point that will change and improve as time goes on, even if weight loss stalls.

There is no need for shakeollogy or anything like that, just stick to your real food :-)

Don't overdo things, and importantly set achievable goals.

Wishing you success with it all