View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-04, 21:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 240/199.2/165 Male 72 inches
BF:34.0/21/9
Progress: 54%
Smile The freedom to explore other goals

Glimpsing life beyond this single and sometimes dominant issue...
When I got to 220 it was nice. Dropping below 200 was really odd - almost an anticlimax. Today I briefly happened to see 179! (before drinking a load of water). It is increasingly anticlimactic, but in the best of ways. One begins to think beyond the weight - I have begun increasingly to realize and love the way I can now focus on a wider set of health goals - e.g. getting bodyfat really down there (9%?). Being fit again. Knowing more about what is going on in my body, etc.
...and then suddenly, as was suggested before by comparison to other goals, you can think about so many more possibilities. For example, what are you going to do when you hit and maintain the goal? How much fun are you going to have running, or cycling, or kayaking, or sailing, or all of the above while feeling really, really good? It begs the next goal: rather than just "being" with all this new capability, what would be the best way to have a better life with it? - and the many answers for that are beyond the scope of the question