#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-10, 11:42
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%
Default Krys' Chicken Soup

I LOVE chicken soup, but was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it low carb enough to enjoy..but I made some this past weekend, and man oh man was it good!!

Ingredients:
1 Roasted Chicken (around 3.5lbs either from the store, or you can roast your own)
2.5 small carrots cut into rounds
3 ribs celery chopped
1 smal white or yellow onion chopped
1 package (10 oz) frozen spinach (I used the whole leaf, not chopped) thawed
64 oz stock

Remove skin (and eat it!!!) and shred your chicken, and set aside. I used almost the entire thing, but ate a little (ok..more than a little) of the dark meat as I was shredding

Add stock, carrots, celery, and onion to the pot and bring up to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, lower heat down to a simmer.

Once the veggies have softened a bit (mainly the carrots) add in your spinach and chicken. (chopped spinach MAY work better. The lef was a little large and tended to clump together, so I really had to work at mixing it up)Reduce heat to low, and let it cook for as long as you like. Salt and pepper to taste.

Quick and tasty!

This makes 6 bowls that are enough for a meal. HUGE bowls. That's what I'm basing the nutritional data on More than likely, it's more like 8 normal bowls.

Carbs: 6.7
Fiber: 2.1
Net Carbs: 4.6
Protein: 33.6g
Fat: 16.1g
Calories: 305

Macros: 9% carb, 44% protein, 47% fat
Sponsored Links