View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-14-20, 21:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default Thanksgiving?

Many people will be planning, or having planned for them, a much smaller Thanksgiving gathering this year. If you are one of them, what are you looking at? A scaled down version of what you usually do? Taking advantage of the chance to try something new? Or just getting take out Chinese, because, who cares?
Our Thanksgiving “crowd” will be reduced by a third; that is, my single brother from out of town will not be joining DH and me. So, instead of 2 ducks, I will be roasting just one. The side dishes will be fewer and smaller, but more or less the same. Brussel sprouts in some form, root veg mash in some form. Some form of LC dressing, and ditto, the gravy. DH has asked for grilled scallops wrapped in prosciutto, skewered on a fresh rosemary twig, for a starter. My “famous” pumpkin pie, of which I will only have a small slice. Yes, I know there are various LC options out there, but this is once a year, and I’m okay with the single slice. And it keeps the boys happy. And the LC options are, IMO, really not as good.
And then comes December, and we get to see what happens for Christmas - and, in my case, my birthday. :-)
Sponsored Links