View Single Post
  #832   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 15:41

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Wow Lori, you got a LOT done on a no-golfing day! I feel like I have done a lot of butt sitting but you have been doing all the things! You'll be back at golf soon enough and your body probably appreciated a bit of rest. It seems like your hamstring is in a pretty good place now, and you don't want to overdo!

Congrats on having such a good round the other day though!

Jaz, it really is crazy how we accrue things into our homes, even with being careful and not being big spenders or buyers. It just happens!

You deserve a beach weekend for sure after all of your moving, unpacking and job work. Do it!

Trig, I am not a late night person OR an early morning person. Now that I don't have to set an alarm or anything, I tend to be awake by 8, then I drink coffee and do all the online things until around 10. Then I do all the other things for a while! I'm spoiled in that I can space things out throughout the day- my time is essentially my own now.

Pot/pan lids- I got a universal lid for my skillets- I have that one and one more skillet lid and that's it. We have several skillets, possibly more than we need but two I have had for a really long time and just like, and then a set of two I got from Costco when DH ruined one.. So maybe one 6", one 8" and 10" and then two that are about 12"- one regular and one cast iron.

I love that your Mom gets such attention from all of her kids. You all are so good to her.

••••••••••••

I am ready for these damn cicadas to get the hell out of here. They are making it impossible to enjoy the outdoors right now. Clogging up the pool, divebombing if you want to grill or walk outside or anything. So glad they are only around every 17 years! We get cicadas every year but not trillions in one year!

So guess what? DD and I just did a thing! We booked our Girls' Trip! We had planned to do a trip for her 25th birthday, and then the pandemic hit. I really want to have her do something fun before she has kids and gets sort of locked down for a while, you know? I'm sure she will still travel but more likely domestically, at least for a while after having kids. So, we looked at fares and places, and fares and places again (she is buying her fare, I am buying mine, then I will pay lodging during the trip.) Anyway, we are going to IRELAND! With an overnight visit (all day and overnight) in ICELAND! I haven't been to either of those places and neither has she. We are going in late October for 8 days. Pretty exciting!

Totally on point food wise, played pickleball Tuesday night. DH has done something to his knee playing pickleball Tuesday night so he is gimping around. For once I am not the injured one!

Dinner tonight is crab cakes, broccoli and Red Lobster biscuits. I'll abstain from the biscuits. DS19 is having his Bestie spend the night tonight. Right now he and DS22 are at the gym- their daily hangout when they aren't working.

Oh, and DS22 has been talking to a few people to try to land a room mate for NYC. They will need to be talking about an apartment rental in the next month for an end of August lease.