View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-16, 09:16
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hi, I don't have psoriatic arthritis, just the regular sort, but it can be VERY painful. I find that eating fish really helps a lot. I'm talking about small, cold-water fish like sardines and herring. The omega-3's seems to calm the inflammation.

Also, I find that a number of things make me ache worse including: dairy products and legumes (peanuts). It turns out I have a large number of food intolerances that are linked to my various autoimmune issues and my arthritis. Oh corn is about the worst. I hurt like hell after eating corn.

I've tried, but have not stuck with, taking curcumin supplements. That is supposed to help too, but I haven't been very good about taking them.

I think I really ruined my intestines by taking NSAIDs for my arthritis. Really, since I've stopped taking them, I have less pain, unless I get whacky with my eating.

If you've got the money, or an HSA account, you could order up a test on Enterolab.com and try to figure out if food sensitivities could be making your autoimmune issue worse.

I didn't mention gluten, gluten was the worst thing so I eliminated that 10 years ago.