#9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 01:50
Registered Member

Plan: Reduced carbs
Stats: 163/148/132 Female 160
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi Wanda

From what you describe you must have had a much worse time than me. I have had an infection in 2002 and my tiredness started then, and I guess this is the reason why the various doctors say I have CFS but I never had nowhere near the pain that you describe. I only ever had the odd day off at work when I really couldn't manage and have been working 4 days a week.

I was tested for RA more than 10 years ago because I had raging wrist pain but it came back negative. My current endo is going to check for it again. The pain (in the bum) is often worse on the right side and feels like sciatica.

I have spent an awful lot of money on chiropractors because of numerous recurring misalignments to my spine. I have got a recent x-ray that shows a significant misalignment to my pelvis. The chiro has no idea why this happened, but he is concerned. He urged me to get tested for the HLA B27 gene (to see if I could have ankylosing spondylitis) but because my CRP was normal in my recent blood test, the doctor doesn't want to test for it. How frustrating is this!

I have been worried for some time because AS is a progressive disease and resting would be the worst I can do. I have all the symptoms from morning stiffness down to plantar fasciitis which I have had for many months in my right foot. That's really the reason why I have started riding my bike. And the Pilates would help, too.

I am in a dilemma: Shall I rest because I have (had?) CFS or shall I exercise to avoid disability? I guess the 'not knowing' has made me anxious and I have difficulty relaxing unless I can distract myself like sowing seeds and looking after my plants which is my hobby. I already see a councellor once a week to help with the anxiety and to learn to look after myself better because I have been brought up to push myself. This is a real pig to undo...

From 1 September I am only going to work half days and I am really looking forward to it, so this is a step in the right direction.

Positive mental attitude, this is what we need!

All the best

Michaela