Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halalgirl
Hi,

I'm new. I've never tried SBD before, but I read lots of articles on the net about it. I don't have the book yet, but I'd like to get started. I'd like to lose 50 pounds by the end of december. Is that a realistic goal on the SBD?

If anyone has any links on how to do this plan in phase I; what I eat, how many times, setting up meals, etc etc, please feel free to email me.

Also, I'd love a support buddy. If anyone is interested, veteran or beginner who is really going to be dedicated to sticking it out with me, please PLEASE email me.

Thanks

Welcome Halalgirl!!

First of all....please see the thread here titled Updated Food lists...it also had Meal Plan charts that will help you learn how to eat the South Beach way. If you have a printer, please print this all up and use as reference as you learn the plan.

It will help you to read the book too.

Support is very available to you in the South Bach Babes thread, just post to it and introduce yourself.

IMHO, I do not think that anyone can lose 50 lbs in 3 months. It will take as long as it takes all depending on you and how close to stick to the plan, exercise, etc. A more realistic amount of time would be 6-8 months. It took me 10 months to lose 74 pounds, 15 months to lose 100 lbs and a total of 20 months to lose a total of 114 lbs. This was staying onplan for the entire time.

Each of us are different....age, body condition, health issues...all come into play in how long it takes us to lose our weight. I know you want it gone tomorrow but it just does not come off fast. It's better to lose it slowly anyway...1-2 lbs a week after phase I losses(5-10 lbs), is what you can expect.

So get busy posting to the other threads here in this forum and say Hi! to all our other members.

Good Luck!!