View Single Post
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 11:44

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Tyrelle,
I guess I would ask you what was the lowest weight you've ever been during your adult life. For me it was 235 pounds. I was doing Karate 3 times a week, and lifting weights. At that point I still was about 15% body fat, I still had excess visible fat on my body. So if I take 235 x .85 = 199.75 lbs. Lean Body Mass - That means 0% fat which is not possible to get to and survive but is the measure that most these calcuations use. Now it's entirely possible that if you are 7 feet tall and have been lifting weights for a while you might be at 260 pounds lean body mass, but if you been fairly sedentary and are closer to 6 feet tall, I suspect a number closer to 200 is more reasonable. Now by working out, i.e., doing resistance training over time you also could get to a higher LBM number.

Like I have suggested these automatic caculations of body mass, and daily intake don't work well for people more than 150 pound overweight, the models have built in assumptions that when extrapolated out to people our size are not representive of reality.

Hope this helps
Lux