View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 18:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/198/180
BF:?/35.2/31
Progress: 73%

I just made the waffles and they were pretty good!!

If you are like me and my boyfriend... we both said, "PORK RINDS? yuck." But I was eager to bake/make something- and in the mood for a meal other than burgers or chicken (for dinner).

Soooo....

I crushed the pork rinds in the blender, and then sifted out any of the hard pieces that didn't grind down. So, I ended up with a nice powder/flour.

Then, I follwed the instructions-- eggs, cream, water, vanilla, sugar&cinnamon... but I added an extra pkt of splenda, a little more cinnamon (I didn't measure- just to "taste") and some nutmeg. After it was all mixed up- I added a cup of powdery pork rinds.

I have a Sunbeam waffle maker- and I was able to get 4 waffles from the batch. The last 2 "boiled" over a bit... so I bet if I watched it closely, I could have gotten 5 waffles from the batch.

I took the suggestion of topping with homemade whipped cream (eventhough I also added it to the batch), and butter.

I served it with a side of bacon-- just in case the waffles were "pork rind-y" I wanted to have a flavor that covered it- and basically confused the taste buds.

Nonetheless... I had 2 whole waffles- and my boyfriend (also LC and 260lbs of hungry man) only had 1 waffle and was pleasantly full!

I finished it off with a mock root beer float (diet root bear, with some of the left over whipped cream) and let me tell you.... I feel like I have gone out to a restaurant and splurged on treats!

YUM YUM!