View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 12:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Who Knew!

Wow I followed a path of links in others journals and found this post. Thanks everyone responsible!!! To be honest I had not even noticed the "Best of" forum before.
I had been sitting at 193 since the end of January. I started back on Atkins at the beginning of January. I had an initial loss of about 17 lbs, and then stalled! I did not worry too much about this as I am being patient and felt better, but when I took a look at my calorie intake at Fitday it appeared that I was not eating enough. I am not a calorie counter and I was not hungry at all and I was surprised that my intake was so low. I realized after reading this post that the only way to boost my calories was to get more fat. So that is what I did in the form of butter, olive oil, and heavy cream so far!
Now, I am just recuperating from some abdominal surgey last Friday but I weighed in at the hospital at 196
I am glad to report that this morning I weighed in at 187 . I will change my stats next week just to make sure, but I would like to report that I have more energy and I am feeling great.
Upping the FAT really has helped!
For anyone who thinks it would be the surgery, I am one of those people that usually gain weight at the hospital!!