View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 14:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%
Default Help -- need low-carb ideas while vacationing with a bad tooth....

Just "recovered" from an abcessed tooth -- didn't recognize it as a dental problem and had been trying to treat it as infected sinuses -- when my face swelled up (looked like I had an orange stuck in my cheek! it was awful) I finally went to a dentist (on a weekend, of course).

Anyway, to make a long story short -- I was really sick for about 3-4 weeks, and I could not eat much -- I tried sticking to low-carb shakes, but they got really tiresome -- eventually I stopped low-carbing and simply ate whatever I could manage (primarily soups, very carby).

Thursday is my root canal, so I imagine that will be another blip in the low-carbing (it's taken this long to get the infection totally under control!) -- and then I'll be on vacation with a temporary cap -- ideas, anyone? I really don't dare eat foods like steak (or anything requiring a lot of chewing) while I'm out of state with a temporary cap in place. And I can only eat using one side of my jaw (I lack lower molars on the other side).

So far, my weight has remained stable -- I don't want it to go up, but it looks like it'll be another week before I can get totally serious. And I really don't care if I NEVER see another low-carb shake! I can handle eggs, but what else (remember, I'll be away from home) would work?
Sponsored Links