View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-07, 11:23

Plan: 30 or less daily
Stats: 232.2/214.4/169 Female 68
BF:[url=http://www.Ti
Progress: 28%

On the poll I wanted to check the "completely pain free" since I know that does come in time but for now I checked the 50% since that is where I am currently at...

You found me!!! lol For me when I was on LC a couple years ago I was shocked cause ALL my fibro. symptoms left me. I was so energetic that I actually was down in the floor doing flips like a kid! I'm serious... Not bad considering only 2 years prior I was pretty much bedfast. I kept wondering what was going on and finally I came to realize on my own that it had to be getting off the carbs that was making such a difference! I stayed on LC five months and ended up backsliding when my dh came home. He's military so my goal was to surprise him by loosing weight which I did big time! I dropped 65 lbs. in right at 4 months and looked like I had lost more. Talk about feeling good about myself! I'm in my 40's and even years seemed to peel off my face. Guess I got to confident and forgot just how bad the fibro. could be... Main thing is I'm back on LC now and plan to stay. Five weeks in and yes I've already starting to see the fibro. symptoms fade but not quite completely yet. Main pains I'm having these days is shoulder, neck, lower back and chest/rib pains but hopefully that too will cease once I'm off the carbs a bit longer. Lately I've noticed that the chest pains do seem to be easing off. Thank God! Those really scare me esp. with my family history. My chol. runs highs and that was what kept me from going back on LC for quite a while but then I realized the weight I was carrying wasn't helping matters so decided I had to do something!

Sorry so long, just nice to share with some others who can relate. I pray all of you see wonderful results very soon!

Hugs,

Cissie

PS I'm also wondering if perhaps celiac disease goes hand in hand with fibro. or one of them mimics the other cause being off the "NO" foods that you are to avoid with celiac seems to go along with LC. But I'm not willing to go off LC to be tested just to find out!