Old Wed, Jan-30-13, 14:45
Carnivore

Plan: <50 net/day
Stats: 368/305/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonechew
And I bought that new car. A couple of months ago. Don't save the money I would have spent on cigs - that's making the payments. But I did reward myself for not smoking. Feels great to get into a car every day that doesn't smell like an ash tray every day.

Congratulations on the new car! More congrats on staying a non-smoker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn
Way to go! I tried that med the first time I tried to quick smoking. It worked great in the sense that it made the cig. taste like soap. It worked quickly. However, I didn't want to quit badly enough because I'd smoke anyway, then take less med when the cig tasted to bad. The second time I tried to quit, quit cold turkey. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. Or at least I felt it was. I have stuck with it, and applaud your effort. You are changing your health and your life.

Yeah, Chantix worked for me, but it messed me UP. I'm not smoking, so it did it's job, but I paid for it. If you want to know, here's a link to my journal post about it.

But hey, in a few days, I'll be 3 months w/o a cig. No slips, no stealing a 'drag' from someone. Nothing. I keep a few packs in the house even, makes the mental addiction easier to deal with, "I could, but I won't."