#69   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-12, 12:35

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
For complicated stuff like that, I got a pad of those GIANT post it notes, like for presentations? And a bunch of markers, so I color-coded and drew little pictures and even made up songs about the different processes and equations.

Then I plastered my home with them. So every time I went to bed I went over them, every time I went to the bathroom I could go over something, every time I waited for the microwave I could refresh my memory.

By the time the final came, I ACED that sucker!

Thanks :-). The problem isn't just with physics but with mechanics of materials. In MoM, the problems aren't hard but just tricky. You have to be visual and get your rotational forces (otherwise known as moments or torque) right otherwise you end up getting the problem wrong. I guess you could say it's "visually tricky." I keep looking in the solutions manual and asking... why did they make this a negative torque, or why was this positive?! So you beat your head against the wall over little stuff.

For physics, it's not so much about memory. In our class, we were given easier homework problems and then more difficult quizzes. I just felt so unprepared. The midterm is the week after next so I have no clue how THAT's gonna go! I found a pdf copy of Schaum's outline of college physics online and I also found a instructor solutions manual for an excellent physics textbook (Physics 4th ed by James S. Walker) and plan to look over how the harder problems were solved so at least I have some clue of what to do when I go in to the test.

Let's just say that I felt a lot more comfortable in organic chemistry even though your hand would get sore from the 20 pages of homework you'd have to write up and the crazy amount of memorization. I took that class a while ago because I was pre-pharmacy, but then realized it was not the field for me. I couldn't imagine standing 8 hrs a day in a white room with shelves of pill bottles, illegal Mexicans coming in to get free drugs for their kids (the kids didn't do anything wrong, I just get angry with the people who don't pay into the system and plan on everyone else paying for their kids), and NOW after going low carb, people coming in to get drugs to treat the "diseases of civilization" like type II, heart disease, hbp, etc. At this point, it would infuriate me to have to deal with these people on a daily basis who clearly want a quick fix for their medical conditions.

I am sorry I went OT, just had a lot on my mind.