View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-31-15, 06:52

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hey--there's a Nutrition and Supplements Forum! Who knew? Pays to check out the list now and then.

I sat down and thoroughly read (or re-read) the general narrative portions of Atkins's Vita-Nutrient Solution, and checked out the detail for some of the supps that might be of interest to me (or that I already take).

I observed that, as a medical doctor, Atkins is presenting his case for nutrient solutions rather than standard pharmaceutical solutions as the starting place for the healing of many, many common chronic problems. I'm on board with that.

I discovered--or rediscovered--the reasons why, for a long time, I've already been taking certain things like COQ10, Alpha-Lipoic acid, and chromium picolinate, and certain vitamins. I checked the dosages I take against Atkins's recommendations.

I concluded that, since I don't have any chronic diseases or conditions that I know of (other than mild hypothyroid and fairly advanced aging), I probably don't need to worry about vita-nutrient solutions beyond what I do now.

Case closed.