View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-10, 09:46

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

They're still living at home, so you still have some control.

Try to look at whole foods this way. All whole foods are good for us in the right proportion. Much of our problems, if we take the junk food out, is in the way we prepare our foods. Make a list of what whole foods they like, get their input if you need to and then try to prepare them in unique and healthy ways. Aim for making them not only taste good, but smell good and look good on a plate. Yes, we're drawn to foods by taste, smell and appearance. Its perhaps not "all in the presentation", but presentation goes a long way to helping someone resistant to eating properly.

I can understand how you feel though. My daughter and son are both grown and gone and they're living very unhealthy lifestyles, not eating properly whatsoever and both are extremely overweight. The subject of health is closed, I can't reach them and idly watch as they get more and more sick....

Also, ask your daughters; what do they think it would take to motivate them to take better care of their health? Then be prepared to offer assistance and if they're typical teenagers, they'll say; "I dunno", so be prepared to suggest things such as; health club membership, a few sessions with a personal trainer or a nutritionist, or a counselor trained to help motivate people, a new bicycle, planned group activities such as tennis, volleyball, etc...

Good luck in making some progress.... Being a parent is not easy, being a mom is a full time job and sometimes the rewards are not noticed or appreciated for many years down the road....

Just one point of contention: You're not doing them any favors by not being more actively involved in how they eat.....