#10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 08:36

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFay
This helps a little bit, but it also causes irritation (as you can imagine). This works best when the spots are very small. Once they get as big as the ones I have now (one is the size of a shortgrain rice), it doesn't do much. But I think I will try to find a smaller needle, and see if that makes a difference.

Part of the reason why it doesn't work well for me now is because it's hard to poke the needle through the skin because the head is too blunt.

So you have tried this? Could you describe the procedure in detail for me, please? Did you simply prick a tiny hole and the fatty lump can be squeezed out? Is the lump hard or maleable? Mine are small and I wonder if a pinprick hole would heal quicker than the ‘burns’ that topical treatments leave behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFay
This article claims that a man was able to get rid of his spots by taking a statin for over ten years. I'm definitely not going to try that.

Disappearance of eyelid xanthelasma following oral simvastatin (Zocor)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1772630/

Interesting and although a good example of “correlation doesn't equal causation”, most hits do indeed describe high cholesterol as being the culprit, however most also advocate the outdated advice of decreasing dietary cholesterol to control blood cholesterol, so that does not inspire a lot of trust.
Plus, my blood cholesterol has been in the normal range for decades and I still have xanthelasma ...