#5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-08, 20:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2run
The reason I eliminate alot of animal products, is because when I eat them it seems to produce alot of hot flashes and night sweats. It also seems to perpetuate the flare up of pain in my hip joints.

I get that...but frequently, people who have those issues when eating things like beef, pork, and chicken do not experience the same issues when they include some fatty fish (salmon, sardines, mackarel) or even less fatty white fishes (cod, perch, haddock.) So you might try that.

I completely understand why your doc took you off HRT.
I have been through chemo-induced menopause three times, (after chemo, sometimes your body says 'oh, I'm not really in menopause'...my body has persisted in arguing the point every time I come off treatment!) I'm looking at a full hysterectomy next week, so I expect that I'll have some menopausal symptoms before my body finally gives up arguing with me. So I know the side effects well...but while the side effects of menopause are tough to cope with as they are happening, they ARE temporary, and they are a normal part of our life process. Trying to make them more bearable is one thing; trying to make them totally go away is probably unrealistic.