#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 17:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default LC food in the Shops

Hey all,

Since they have a thread like this in the UK forum, I though we could have our own ;-)

I thought it would be useful for any new products that might appear on our supermarket shelves, any special offers for special LC foods, or just suggestions for "normal" food that are quite lc...

Tesco Stoneybatter (Dublin):

Carb Options BBQ Sauce, Ketchup and Mayonnaise

The BBQ Sauce is lovely, its made with sucralose and comes with around 8 carbs per 100 g. About 2.50 for 500 ml.

Lidl:
This is handy if you're travelling. If you go to the cheese section, they have little plastic containers with feta cheese and olives in oil, and feta cheese with chilli in oil. One of my collegues at work had it with him, and soo tasty, going to get me some of that tomorrow. I dont know the carb count, but if its just cheese, olives and oil, it shouldnt be too high.

Lidl:
Cevapcici - these are jugoslawian mince lamb sausages. The are in the frozen food section and come in 1 kg bags, about 1 g of carbs per 100 g and are also very very tasty. Just stick them in the frying pan or grill them - and then try not to eat the whole bag in one go ;-)

Aldi:
Porc sausage
This is a traditional german type of sausage, and it doesn' have to be cooked. You can cut it in cubes and use it in salad, cut it in slices and just have it as a snack, you can put it in soup or fry it. It has about 1g of carbs.

Lidl also has some lovely salamis, I can't each too much of them, and there is a good bit of salt in them, but the are lc and if you put them under the grill and dry them a bit, they are nice and crunchy.

that's it for now, so if you find any intersting foods, please post them so we can all enjoy them ;-)
Sponsored Links