Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 08:33

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisLow
Hi all, I am 6 lbs away from goal weight and trying to make 30 net carbs daily to find my CL in OWL, however my boyfriend is a chef and it was his birthday.
I had a moment of weakness and after maxing my daily calories for my bmi and net carbs of 30 I woke at 3am and saw all the food in the kitchen and consumed an extra 125 net carbs and extra 1000 calories.
I am currently fasting the next day since then and too scared to weigh myself yet as its weigh day.
It's 1pm the next day and I'm getting hungry.
I'm wondering how to proceed..
Presuming I'm to go back to induction of 20 net..?
Any ideas?
Warm regards

Congrats on making it so close to your goal weight! Well done.

As you travel this journey to maintenance, we have new limitations to learn that only mishaps llike this can teach. So no worries-- use this as a teaching moment.

Look back at everything you ate th 24 hours before the binge. Somewhere there is a food or ingredient that triggered the craving and left you defenseless at 3am with all this food readily available.

Definitely the hungries are telling you ketosis is in the rear view. Staying hungry doesnt work for me, I cannot fast for a day. I cannot be hungry. Others can work thru this,I cannot as I compensate by binging. Not a good outcome. I go back to Induction to get ketosis rocking and rolling again. It only takes a few days, not like the first time which is longer. Your body like mine is primed for ketosis, so just a few days is what DANDR recommends. I cant remember the exact number of days, 4-5 days comes to mind.

Weigh and own it, or skip the weigh in, and meet the scale next week. WHAT will make YOU a success?? Which makes you feel empowered ? Which will help you continue your journey of success? If weighing will make you feel aweful, or an anyway negative, dont weigh.

This is an opportunity to learn how to work with challenges that will happen again in the future..... you can do this.