View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 08:25
Registered Member

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 207/200/180 Male 170 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Long time low carbers / maintenance?

Since I'm soon at my goal weight I have seriously started to think of my "life after weight loss". I am determined to keep this new weight and will not go back to bad habits. I never cheat and like the food of the low carb plans.

I would like to hear some experience from long time low carbers that eat for maintenance. How many carbs do you eat/day? I know it may vary a great deal, but I can add that I regard myself as being very sensitive to carbs. For weight loss I need to stay between 20 to 30 carbs/day. For maintance I start to believe that I can't eat many mores to keep my carb cravings away.

I am doing Atkins now but is reading about other low carb diets as well, to get some hints what to expect. I also see a connection between carbs and fat: Really low carbs and I can tolerate more calories (meaning more fat). Just a few cabs up and I need to start watching those calories as well unless I want to gain weight.

Just want to hear from some experienced low carbers and hear what kind of carb level you are on. Is there any low carb pogram that is regarded as being better than another in the aspect of life maintenance?

Regards

--Maria
Sponsored Links