View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-21, 22:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 215/215/170 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress:

I have been struggling for several years with exercise. Back pain, over the top muscle and joint aches, a direct order from my neurosurgeon not to touch free weights, no access to the pool where I used to swim, I sound like Eeyore.

Anyway, even my trusty Soloflex was causing back issues. Rewind to Christmas 2020. I walked downstairs to watch my adult kids, who were up at 4:30, open their presents. I noticed a very, very large box leaning against the couch. Everyone takes turns opening a present. Finally after a few rounds my wife let me know the very, very big box was mine. And in it was a brand new Total Gym XLS. I was shocked. For years I snickered when I saw Chuck and Christie on the tube. Swore I would never buy/own one.

The Total Gym XLS is fantastic. Truly. I was wrong. I use it three days a week. Full body workouts. I do a lot of deep knee bends while the glide board keeps my back happy. I do modified pull ups and dips. I never thought those two exercises would be part of my repertoire again. The inverted shoulder press keeps my back happy as well. I can do exercises I have not done in years. I even get the pump, I have not felt the pump in years.

So, if you could not tell I, like Chuck Norris, approve!